Monday, March 28, 2005

Peace

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
March 20 - I arrived this morning from Manila and instantly I felt the peace that shrouds the place. I’ve been wanting to be alone with myself for such a long time now. On the other side of my outgoing personality are my reclusive tendencies. I’m so sick of the city, so sick of places that remind me of work. Don’t get me wrong, I love my work and dearly love the people I work with. I suppose I’m just tired, period!

But this is not the time to talk about such things. Now is the time for rest.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I ate breakfast in my grandma’s house, and together with my Mom, headed to the beach for a morning swim. Floated for a while and just stared at the sky, the clouds and the coconut leaves that sway to the gentle breeze. Hung out under my favorite tree while my feet felt the grains of sand. Feast my eyes at the immense sparkling turquoise water in front of me. Watched the children play and thought how privileged they are to grow up in a place like this.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
March 25 - Here I spend my afternoons biking. I love biking. We have a red mountain bike that only gets ridden during the summer. Oh how I miss pedaling my way through the little streets of Bulusan and breathing in the wind from the sea. I’m a very physically active person, but in the city I rarely get the opportunity to do much physical activities. Since our gym burned down last February, the only exercise I get is walking from Ayala to Valero every morning.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I meet with Him every 6 p.m. sharp. We don’t talk long. I just gaze at Him (if that can be done). I miss talking to Him, listening to what He has to say about my calling in connection with my life as a single, even do a little bargaining if He allows it. These days, I suppose these two are the ones that bother me most. Although I’m not sure if bargaining with Him is a good thing. But still I have peace.

- Written while I was vacationing in Bulusan, Sorsogon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gigi....

from dom lawrence,
hey gigi...
i have created a photoblog type in livejournal---seems to me that my photoblogspot is quite loaded with pixels and so i thought of creating a new on in Livejournal-here is the address...you can also put it in your link lists..
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pixelsandimages

hapi easter gi2
dom lawrence

Anonymous said...

hey gigi....

from dom lawrence,
hey gigi...
i have created a photoblog type in livejournal---seems to me that my photoblogspot is quite loaded with pixels and so i thought of creating a new on in Livejournal-here is the address...you can also put it in your link lists..
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pixelsandimages

hapi easter gi2
dom lawrence

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ghie! Nice shots. Senti ang dating. Parang medyo nalungkot ako nang kaunti.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

domlaurence, puno na ba ung photobucket mo? hehe! liitan mo lang kasi yung mga images na ina-upload mo.

jayred, oo nga na-realize ko medyo malungkot ang dating. siguro naka-activate ang "artist mode" kaya uncounciously nagawa kong sepia :-)

Gigi

Mel said...

... hmmm, musta? wala bang juicy?

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. lukin ahead 2 more of such picturesque collections.
4 now, bye frm Qeta.